EU State Aids examines in detail the substantive and procedural aspects of state aid law and policy, analysing the underlying rules in depth and how they have been applied by the commission and the courts.
• It is an invaluable resource to all those involved in advising or litigating matters of state aid, from lawmakers to regulators, lawyers, economists and courts.
• Explains the European Commission’s considerable powers to monitor, control and restrict the forms and levels of aid given by all EU member states to their industries
• Covers the aviation, sports and broadband sectors in new dedicated chapters
• Examines State aid in specific sectors, including the financial sector, agriculture, large investment projects, transport and broadcasting
• Discusses the economic aspects concerning State aid such as the market investor principle
• Outlines the administrative procedure for examining State aid
• Sets out the procedures for illegal state aid complaints
• Includes summaries of all cases by the General Court and the Court of Justice
• Lists all relevant rules, regulations, notices and guidance notes, with references to full texts
New to this Edition
• Includes new chapters on Risk Capital; Infrastructure; Services of General Economic Interest; and Social Services of General Interest
• Covers the aviation, sports and broadband sectors
• Discusses all measures taken to implement the 2012 Modernization Plan, including:
- Rescue and Restructuring Aid
- Regional Aid
- Research & Development & Innovation Aid
- Aid relating to Environmental Protection and Energy
• Interprets the 2014 Block Exemption Regulation
• Analyzes the 2016 Notice on the Notion of State Aid
• Explores the recent decisions by the Commission in tax, such as Starbucks and Fiat
• References the vast body of jurisprudence from the ECJ and the ECR
• Covers procedural regulation 2015/1589: the rules for the application of art. 108 TFEU
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.