Hewitt on Joint Ventures 6th edition examines transactions where two or more existing companies agree to establish and participate in a common enterprise or business-related activity. It identifies the principal issues raised by a range of transactions, sets out the relevant background law and suggests ways of dealing with issues that arise.
Hewitt on Joint Ventures is written in a clear and practical way covering a range of specialist areas of law affecting joint ventures alongside useful checklists and precedents. To provide detailed commercial guidance whilst being tailored for the practitioner.
- Provides in-depth examination of all aspects of joint ventures and a range of collaborative relationships
- Covers the practicalities involved in the drafting, negotiating and setting up of joint ventures
- Guides you through the planning stages of a joint venture or alliance
- Identifies and examines the principal issues raised by an array of transactions, including: Capital and funding; Governance and management; Minority investment and protection; Deadlock and breakdown; Duties between joint venture parties; Transfers of shares; Exit termination and change; Disputes – mediation, litigation and arbitration
- Sets out the relevant legal background
- Suggests ways of dealing with issues that may arise
- Includes a range of precedents and checklists, which also feature on a CD-rom for ease of use
- Recognizes the international nature of many JV agreements
- Guides the reader through complex and specialist areas of a JV, with chapter by chapter coverage of Tax planning; Competition and regulatory controls, IP and technology, Employment and Accounting
New to this Edition
Hewitt covers up-to-date reference to important case law in recent years affecting joint ventures, including case law developments regarding:
- Good faith obligations
- Default provisions and law of penalties
- Transfers of shares in alleged breach of pre-emption rights
- The duties of directors of joint venture companies
Hewitt also covers the:
- Increasing impact of laws relating to anti-bribery and corruption
- The challenges affecting joint ventures with local parties in key international jurisdictions (Brazil, China, India, Malaysia and United Arab Emirates)
Transform the way you work, with eBooks on ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like.
- Search the entire text by keyword
- Jump to related content via hyperlinks
- Add your own notes, bookmark key pages and highlight important passages
- Email, print and share the text
- You don't need to be online to access your eBooks
- Your entire library and personalised features are backed up
Learn more about Thomson Reuters ProView
View titles available on Thomson Reuters ProView
You may only order one eBook per title online; to order multiples of eBooks, contact our customer services team or your Sweet & Maxwell Account Manager.