Ideal for the practitioner dealing with all compliance issues, and including the full text of all relevant legislation with annotations, the Encyclopedia of Highway Law and Practice:
- Offers an authoritative general introduction to the law covering the interests of the highway authority, the rights of the public, statutory undertakers, and the rights and duties of adjoining landowners
- Provides full text of the Highways Act 1980, accompanied by annotations to, and commentary on, individual sections and explanatory introductions to each Part of the Act
- Includes text of other relevant Acts with annotations and explanations where appropriate, as well as Rules and Orders, and Circulars.
- Provides a one-stop reference source for the practitioner dealing with all compliance issues regarding highway law, traffic orders, footpaths, bridleways and Definitive Map Orders.
- Keeps you fully aware of the latest developments with three updating releases a year, including one on the Local Transport Bill relating to local authorities’ power over bus routes and introducing road pricing to UK
In 2012, the overhaul of the coverage of the European legislation and commentary will be rolled out. This will be coupled with coverage of the further delegated legislation that will implement changes introduced by previous legislation. It will also cover the proposed changes to the law concerning dangerous and careless driving.