Sealy & Milman: Annotated Guide to the Insolvency Legislation
is widely regarded as the definitive work for those advising on Insolvency and regularly cited in court. This annual handbook provides annotated commentary and clarification on the legal and practical implications of the latest insolvency legislation, whether in Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, or relevant Practice Directions.
Sealy & Milman: Annotated Guide to the Insolvency Legislation:
- Provides clear, annotated commentary and clarification on the legal and practical implications of current insolvency legislation
- Reflects the updated 2016 Insolvency Rules as amended by later SIs
- Incorporates both corporate and personal insolvency law
- Reproduces additional statutes and regulations so that all the information needed is in one reliable source
- Volume 1 contains in-depth explanations on the main core legislation, including the Insolvency Act 1986 and the Insolvency Rules 2016
- Volume 2 features the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986 and the recast EU Regulation on insolvency Proceedings - it also includes the text, in whole or part, of 31 Acts, over 58 Statutory Instruments and a number of practice directions.
Changes covered in the 21st Edition:
- Explains the regime for Limited Liability Partnerships (now brought within IR 2016)
- Contains the text of the updated Insolvency Partnerships Order and the Administration of Insolvent Estates of Deceased Persons Order
- Considers the impact of key cases such as the Lehman Brothers 'Waterfall' litigation, Re Budniok (the first reported case on the new adjudication procedure), Oraki v Bramston (on annulment), and JCAM Commercial Real Estate Property XV Ltd v Davis Haulage Ltd (on administration)
- Insolvency (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2017 (SI 2017/1119)
- Insolvency (England and Wales) and Insolvency (Scotland) (Miscellaneous and Consequential Amendments) Rules 2017 (SI 2017/1115).
- Insolvency Amendment (EU 2015/848) Regulations 2017 (2017/702).
- Deregulation Act 2015 and Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 (Consequential Amendments) (Savings) Regulations 2017 (SI 2017/540).
- Deregulation Act 2015, the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 and the Insolvency (Amendment) Act (Northern Ireland) 2016 (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Regulations 2017 (SI 2017/400).
- Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016 (Consequential Amendments and Savings) Rules 2017 (SI 2017/369).
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: