The second supplement to the 27th edition of Wilkinson’s Road Traffic Offences brings the main work up to date and deals with the developments in road traffic law since the publication of the first supplement.
- Brings the main work up to date to August 1, 2016.Detailed coverage and analysis (including a flow chart) of the important decision in R. v Needham  regarding the application of the extension period to a driving disqualification where the offender also receives an immediate custodial.
- Detailed coverage of the important decision of the Chief Magistrate and Senior District Judge in R v Cipriani  where extensive guidance was given in relation to the conduct of drink drive cases including case management at the first hearing, disclosure, expert witnesses and challenging the reliability of breath machines.
- In-depth commentary on latest case law: Watt (Natasha) v Murphy  (special reasons for not disqualifying – driver of emergency response vehicle); Waine v Procurator Fiscal  (mitigating circumstances – effect on employees as well as driver); R. (Cuns) v Hammersmith Magistrates’ Court  (reasonable excuse – obligations on defence and prosecution); R v Sutton (causation in offence of causing death by careless driving).
- Coverage of sentencing cases on causing death or serious injury by dangerous driving and on dangerous driving including: R v Trojanowski  (including consideration of length of disqualification on a professional driver); R v Howsego ; R v Sandhu ; R v Shaw .
- Coverage of sentencing case on causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs: R v Entwhistle .
- Noting expansion of the designation of prosecutors able to issue a written charge and requisition in order to institute criminal proceedings.
- Noting changes to provisions governing driving licences including the extension if some exchangeable licence provisions to Switzerland.
- Note of relevant changes in the Criminal Procedure Rules 2015 (as amended).
- Updating of Appendix 2 (Endorsement Codes) and Appendix 3 (Magistrates’ Court Sentencing Guidelines – explanatory material) and noting the increase to the amounts of the (victims’) surcharge.
- Full updating in Noter-up to Volume 2 including the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Transform the way you work, with eBooks on ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like.
- Search the entire text by keyword
- Jump to related content via hyperlinks
- Add your own notes, bookmark key pages and highlight important passages
- Email, print and share the text
- You don't need to be online to access your eBooks
- Your entire library and personalised features are backed up
Learn more about Thomson Reuters ProView
View titles available on Thomson Reuters ProView
You may only order one eBook per title online; to order multiples of eBooks, contact our customer services team or your Sweet & Maxwell Account Manager.